At Woodmont, you have the opportunity to make an impact from day one as part of a close-knit, high-performance team – all while benefiting from a firm that prioritizes your professional development.
Our top priority is to find employees who are knowledgeable, creative, intuitive, versatile, and, above all else, believe in a client-centric focus.
We seek people that understand that our business is about relationships, not transactions. After all, we may develop and manage properties, but we invest in people.
If you are seeking a career, not just a job, with an industry leader in retail real estate that is making a difference in Texas and across the nation, please send your resume firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will lead and/or assist project pursuits and conceptual designs of projects. Upon Company’s commitment to project, candidate will orchestrate a smooth transition from pre- development to development. This position will work closely with owners, architects, engineers and will be fully engaged in the project from beginning to end. Maintaining a budget and schedule will be most important. Effectively communicating with contractor and ensuring Woodmont’s high performance standards will be vital.
It will be required that you demonstrate your experience and expertise in the field. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related discipline are strongly preferred. Equivalent education will be required with a minimum of eight to ten years’ experience.
- Oversee pre-development and estimating efforts
- Review geotechnical report
- Plan and assist in the pre-development strategy meetings with owners
- Effectively and efficiently lead team and maintain strong relations with contractors, sub -contractors, consultants and vendors
- Manage the design process from schematic to CD’s
- Pre-development reporting during development meeting with Woodmont staff
- Budgets – Meet bottom line financial targets
- Maintain pre-development project schedules
- Contract negotiations with contractors and consultants
- Represent company at City Council Meetings
- Supervise and coordinate contractors/subcontractors
- Obtain regulatory permits with architects and engineers
- Plans submittal and permits issuance
- Direct and coordinate consultants
- Ensure compliance of plans with landlord’s work and tenant lease
- Establish and maintain project goals
- Plat processing and timing
- Coordination of utilities
- Review insurance requirements for all contractors and consultants
- Perform site visits
- Coordinate state highway access and future improvements
- Keep team members and management apprised of project progress
Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of commercial retail construction, design, and cost. Will serve as primary lead person on pre-development with minimum supervision. Must be task and detail oriented with timely follow through. Candidate will succeed if they are results oriented and take a methodical approach towards obtaining goals and objectives.
Candidate must be prepared for flexible work hours and travel as needed. Organizational and analytical skills must be strong. Solid inter personal skills with an ability to confidently interface with clients and executives across all levels of the organization and the industry. Prior supervisory experience with construction and pre-development is essential along with the ability to develop business with existing and new clients and customers.
- Reconcile bank statements and provide cashflow analysis
- Consolidate and analyze financial statements and results
- Monitor expenditures and contract renewals
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Calculate and post monthly recurring entries and accruals
- Maintain all Balance Sheet accounts to ensure accuracy
- Assist with providing information for audits and CPA’s for Tax Returns
- In-depth experience with intercompany transactions and segmented reporting
- Prepare periodical and special reports
- Knowledge of data analysis and budget forecasting methods
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Receiving and posting of Corporate funds to the proper cash accounts and General Ledgers
- Confirm A/P Coding is correct and aging is current
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and Yardi
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Keen eye for detail
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field; Commercial Real Estate experience a plus
- Proven experience as a Corporate Accountant
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR
The Woodmont Company is currently seeking a highly skilled, motivated, detail oriented individual to help support the Land Development and Construction departments, assisting with coordination and administration of all facets of pre-development and construction. The ideal candidate is highly organized and self-motivated with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be proficient in outlook, excel, word, adobe and web based file server systems.
Experience in Commercial/Retail land development & Construction projects is desired
- Daily updating of development and construction schedules, data and tasks for all projects, including pre-development, development, and construction project management.
- Manage Site Feasibility Report and Project Due Diligence Information:
- Distribute Feasibility Report to local Civil – Manage information – Summary of Development Fees and Zoning Restrictions.
- Issue and manage Will Serve Letters to all dry utility providers (Tele/Elect/Gas) – Manage Summary of dry utility fees/cost.
- Issue City and Utility Fee schedule updates for Budget and Proforma
- Manage/Expedite Concept Site Plan and Elevation process
- Manage Site Committee Project Approval Book process
- Manage FTP Site and distribution of ALL project drawings and site-specific information
- Maintain Critical Dates in Pipeline Report
- Prepare summary level reports to present to management at weekly development & construction meetings, maintain project pipeline report and individual project schedule updates.
- Proactively get out in front of project schedules initiating activities and related task. Provide development and construction management teams with coordination support in all areas to ensure the projects stay on or ahead of schedule.
- Support the Project Management team as directed to work with private utility providers, cities offices, and all related jurisdictions as needed in the entitlement and construction process.
- Assist with contract administration including directing, managing, and quality control of outside architectural/engineering firms in the following areas:
- Solicit Professional Services Proposals and Construction Bid Package preparation
- Process invoicing
- Bid review
- Contractor selection
- Preparation of construction contract
- Pre-construction meetings
- Ability to communicate information and provide updates on project status between members of the accounting team and project Management
SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER
- Manage the daily on-site management and operations for multiple properties, including those owned by Woodmont entities and those that are owned by third-parties.
- Position reports to the President & EVP – Asset Services.
SALES AND MARKETING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement traffic generating events and promotions, when applicable, utilizing the common areas of the property.
PROPERTY OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In coordination with the President & EVP – Asset Services, develop annual business plan including operating budget and capital budget.
- Manage the property’s expenses within budget.
- Prepare specifications and supervise the bidding of service contracts for each property.
- Review monthly financial reports and communicate with corporate accounting.
- Prepare monthly property management report for submission to ownership.
- Coordinate with the Director of Lease Administration the billing and collecting of tenant rents.
- Oversee the preparation and timely delivery of all other reports required and requested by clients and/or corporate offices.
- Approve all bills for payment and administer petty cash.
- Assist legal counsel in litigation matters.
- Generate and distribute tenant activity notice reports.
- Physically inspect each local property monthly and each out of town property quarterly.
- Ensure that after-hours property inspection and lighting inspections performed monthly.
- Operate each asset so as to minimize loss and increase safety within the center.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies as needed.
- Maintain and improve the mechanical and structural condition of the property.
- Maintain the common areas of the property to ensure maximum “curb appeal.”
- Provide prompt construction and repair of facilities after obtaining accurate construction and repair bids for decision-making purposes.
- Coordinate with the Woodmont VP – Construction Management the construction management process for tenant finish-out work, in accordance with the lease agreement.
- Perform timely year-end reconciliation of tenant operating expense billings and initiate the proper credit or debit; follow up to ensure collection of all year-end excess billings.
- Perform mid-year reforecast of tenant operating expense billings and adjust tenant billings as necessary for the balance of the year.
- Purchase quality products at the lowest price.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship between tenants, Woodmont management and tenant’s corporate office.
- Enforce rules and regulations regarding on going programs and lease violations.
- Proactively handle tenant calls, concerns, and complaints.
- Coordinate with the VP of Lease Administration to ensure that proper and current certificates of insurance are maintained by tenants, contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate with the VP of Lease Administration to ensure that tenants are maintaining their HVAC units in accordance with their lease agreement.
- Coordinate with the VP of Lease Administration to ensure that applicable tenants are submitting sales reports timely and that the proper percentage rents are being billed and collected.
- Coordinate with the Leasing Department on new tenant move-ins, lease terminations.
- Communicate with Leasing Department on tenant renewals.
- Assist leasing department with site-visit presentations for all prospective tenants.
- Work closely with all departments to achieve Woodmont’s expectations and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post daily cash transactions (charges, receipts, transfers)
- Complete/keep up with daily bank reconciliations
- Post miscellaneous charges as needed – billings to properties
- Complete journal entries as needed
- Help research miscellaneous transactions to determine correct posting
- Work with development team / corporate team
- 2-5 years’ experience in property accounting/corporate accounting
- Yardi software knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Able to multitask