At Woodmont, you have the opportunity to make an impact from day one as part of a close-knit, high-performance team – all while benefiting from a firm that prioritizes your professional development.
Our top priority is to find employees who are knowledgeable, creative, intuitive, versatile, and, above all else, believe in a client-centric focus.
We seek people that understand that our business is about relationships, not transactions. After all, we may develop and manage properties, but we invest in people.
If you are seeking a career, not just a job, with an industry leader in retail real estate that is making a difference in Texas and across the nation, please send your resume email@example.com
This position will lead and/or assist project pursuits and conceptual designs of projects. Upon Company’s commitment to project, candidate will orchestrate a smooth transition from pre- development to development. This position will work closely with owners, architects, engineers and will be fully engaged in the project from beginning to end. Maintaining a budget and schedule will be most important. Effectively communicating with contractor and ensuring Woodmont’s high performance standards will be vital.
It will be required that you demonstrate your experience and expertise in the field. Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related discipline are strongly preferred. Equivalent education will be required with a minimum of eight to ten years’ experience.
- Oversee pre-development and estimating efforts
- Review geotechnical report
- Plan and assist in the pre-development strategy meetings with owners
- Effectively and efficiently lead team and maintain strong relations with contractors, sub -contractors, consultants and vendors
- Manage the design process from schematic to CD’s
- Pre-development reporting during development meeting with Woodmont staff
- Budgets – Meet bottom line financial targets
- Maintain pre-development project schedules
- Contract negotiations with contractors and consultants
- Represent company at City Council Meetings
- Supervise and coordinate contractors/subcontractors
- Obtain regulatory permits with architects and engineers
- Plans submittal and permits issuance
- Direct and coordinate consultants
- Ensure compliance of plans with landlord’s work and tenant lease
- Establish and maintain project goals
- Plat processing and timing
- Coordination of utilities
- Review insurance requirements for all contractors and consultants
- Perform site visits
- Coordinate state highway access and future improvements
- Keep team members and management apprised of project progress
Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of commercial retail construction, design, and cost. Will serve as primary lead person on pre-development with minimum supervision. Must be task and detail oriented with timely follow through. Candidate will succeed if they are results oriented and take a methodical approach towards obtaining goals and objectives.
Candidate must be prepared for flexible work hours and travel as needed. Organizational and analytical skills must be strong. Solid inter personal skills with an ability to confidently interface with clients and executives across all levels of the organization and the industry. Prior supervisory experience with construction and pre-development is essential along with the ability to develop business with existing and new clients and customers.
- Reconcile bank statements and provide cashflow analysis
- Consolidate and analyze financial statements and results
- Monitor expenditures and contract renewals
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Calculate and post monthly recurring entries and accruals
- Maintain all Balance Sheet accounts to ensure accuracy
- Assist with providing information for audits and CPA’s for Tax Returns
- In-depth experience with intercompany transactions and segmented reporting
- Prepare periodical and special reports
- Knowledge of data analysis and budget forecasting methods
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Receiving and posting of Corporate funds to the proper cash accounts and General Ledgers
- Confirm A/P Coding is correct and aging is current
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and Yardi
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Keen eye for detail
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or related field; Commercial Real Estate experience a plus
- Proven experience as a Corporate Accountant
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR
The Woodmont Company is currently seeking a highly skilled, motivated, detail oriented individual to help support the Land Development and Construction departments, assisting with coordination and administration of all facets of pre-development and construction. The ideal candidate is highly organized and self-motivated with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be proficient in outlook, excel, word, adobe and web based file server systems.
Experience in Commercial/Retail land development & Construction projects is desired
- Daily updating of development and construction schedules, data and tasks for all projects, including pre-development, development, and construction project management.
- Manage Site Feasibility Report and Project Due Diligence Information:
- Distribute Feasibility Report to local Civil – Manage information – Summary of Development Fees and Zoning Restrictions.
- Issue and manage Will Serve Letters to all dry utility providers (Tele/Elect/Gas) – Manage Summary of dry utility fees/cost.
- Issue City and Utility Fee schedule updates for Budget and Proforma
- Manage/Expedite Concept Site Plan and Elevation process
- Manage Site Committee Project Approval Book process
- Manage FTP Site and distribution of ALL project drawings and site-specific information
- Maintain Critical Dates in Pipeline Report
- Prepare summary level reports to present to management at weekly development & construction meetings, maintain project pipeline report and individual project schedule updates.
- Proactively get out in front of project schedules initiating activities and related task. Provide development and construction management teams with coordination support in all areas to ensure the projects stay on or ahead of schedule.
- Support the Project Management team as directed to work with private utility providers, cities offices, and all related jurisdictions as needed in the entitlement and construction process.
- Assist with contract administration including directing, managing, and quality control of outside architectural/engineering firms in the following areas:
- Solicit Professional Services Proposals and Construction Bid Package preparation
- Process invoicing
- Bid review
- Contractor selection
- Preparation of construction contract
- Pre-construction meetings
- Ability to communicate information and provide updates on project status between members of the accounting team and project Management
REGIONAL GENERAL MANAGER
The Shops at Fremont – The Shops at Burlington – The Shops at Oshkosh
The primary purpose of this position is to protect and enhance the owner’s real estate assets by identifying center objectives, and through the direction of subordinates and the performance of income producing activity, translate these objectives into operations, marketing, leasing and other profit enhancing programs.
- The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Maximize EBITDA through a deliberate process of increasing all potential income sources, while controlling expenses and overseeing property AR processes of the assigned properties.
- Establish and maintain operating standards including; securing and maximizing contracted services, oversight of the property’s preventative maintenance program, development of a comprehensive energy and capital plan; Development and Management of Operating budget
- Actively contribute and support the Leasing Representative and Local Leasing Representative in developing and implementing the center’s leasing strategy
- Professionally represent the Company and develop strong relationships with existing and prospective tenants. Proactively respond to tenant issues, conduct tenant meetings to promote/discuss marketing, operations and security
- Support Tenant Coordination and work with local governmental permit agencies to overcome obstacles that can delay tenant construction
- Work with Security Services and/or local Police to establish a customized safety and security program and Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan customized for each property, and assure appropriate programs are in place
- Support marketing in the execution of a marketing plan that enhances Shopping Center and key retailer sales, enhances revenues, deliver compelling mall programming and maximize technological resources such as social media to connect with shoppers
- Develop and retain a highly skilled property team. Provide employees with appropriate tools and training to create an environment that maximizes performance and adheres to all company policy and procedures
- Maximize the mall’s influence and leadership position in the community and with partners for the company’s benefit
- Provide all reports as directed to communicate effectively to ownership.
- Travel to properties will be required of this position
- 3- 5 years of experience or training in shopping centers or equivalent retail environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Effective writing and communication skills in public speaking
- Strong working knowledge of budgeting, accounting and financial analysis
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work environment
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
At The Woodmont Company our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver property management services and support to the clients we serve. To help us continue our growth, we are seeking an experienced director of operations to join our team. As an ideal candidate, you have proven senior management experience in a retail setting. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none and you enjoy developing solutions that push retail boundaries. You’ll work closely with the General Manager to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success on site at Muncie Mall.
- Collaborate with management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process of bidding contracts
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity in responding to work orders
- Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans for lease negotiations
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring local and state legislative regulations are followed
- Work closely with General Manager to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field recommended or
- 3+ years senior leadership role in the appropriate field
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, construction, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Computer skill knowledge to include Office Outlook, Word and PowerPoint presentations
At The Woodmont Company, our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver Property Management services and support to the clients we serve. To help us continue our growth, we are seeking an experienced director of operations to join our team. As an ideal candidate, you have proven senior management experience in a retail setting. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none and you enjoy developing solutions that push retail boundaries. You’ll work closely with the General Manager to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success on site at Muncie Mall. This position is a part-time to full-time position. This position will start off at $18 – $20 dollars an hour for up 25 hours a week with the opportunity to become full time (40 hours) within 60 days of hire with a salary range of $45,000 – $48,000 dependent upon skills.
- Maintains and delegates the general flow of work done in the front office as it relates to inventory control, vendor payables and tenant billing.
- Assist with miscellaneous reports related to mall operations, budget expenditures, etc.
- Acts as delegate for issuing and interpreting mall operating procedures and lease language charges
- Assist with in complaint resolution
- Follow up on Accounts Receivable, make needed adjustments, collect, and enter sales and create/send default letters
- Research and answers questions regarding tenant statements
- Code and Process invoices for payment, collect rents to send to corporate A/R dept
- Reviews and approve work such as tenant credit memos, non-recurring tenant billings and questionable cash receipts and property accruals
- Oversee and monitor utility shut off’s and switch overs for vacant spaces
- Oversee move/out reports are processed and uploaded in system
- Prepares security deposit refund invoices and delivers to Accounts Payable department
- Prepares tenant account analysis and reconciliations when tenants dispute charges to their accounts
- Maintain and prepare Petty Cash reconciliation
- Oversee PO process to ensure they match estimates for invoicing process
- Cover receptionist lunch breaks by answering phones and greeting guest
- Assist with other mall projects when available
- Reviews budget comparison with General Manager to ensure the property is maintaining within budget
- Able to speak to budget variances
- Review and code invoices as they arrive
- Upload sales as they are reported by tenants
- Reviews accounts receivable aging for delinquencies, cash applications and prepaid rent application
- Coordinate with corporate office to calculate monthly accruals such as janitorial, security and utility expenses to match expenses to period incurred and review general ledger for reversing of same entries in next accounting period
- Complete Financial workbook and A/R for Monthly Report
- Update Aged detail Report and delinquency reports
- Verify Rent Roll to ensure accurate reporting of move ins/outs
- Prepares Preview Statements and distributes to ensure following month’s recurring charges and past due charges are accurate
- Track and record tenant all sales for Yardi report
- Willingness to take ownership of areas of responsibility, work to improve those areas
- Additional assistance to the whole department as needed
- Ability to manage deadlines and multiple priorities
- Identifies and solves problems; makes sound judgments
- Both a self-starter and team player with the ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- High level of professionalism and able to handle proprietary financial and transactional information appropriately
- One-year general Accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Real estate experience preferred
- Ability to utilize office outlook, Excel spreadsheets a must and YARDI accounting software systems preferred
SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER
- Manage the daily on-site management and operations for multiple properties, including those owned by Woodmont entities and those that are owned by third-parties.
- Position reports to the President & EVP – Asset Services.
SALES AND MARKETING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement traffic generating events and promotions, when applicable, utilizing the common areas of the property.
PROPERTY OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In coordination with the President & EVP – Asset Services, develop annual business plan including operating budget and capital budget.
- Manage the property’s expenses within budget.
- Prepare specifications and supervise the bidding of service contracts for each property.
- Review monthly financial reports and communicate with corporate accounting.
- Prepare monthly property management report for submission to ownership.
- Coordinate with the Director of Lease Administration the billing and collecting of tenant rents.
- Oversee the preparation and timely delivery of all other reports required and requested by clients and/or corporate offices.
- Approve all bills for payment and administer petty cash.
- Assist legal counsel in litigation matters.
- Generate and distribute tenant activity notice reports.
- Physically inspect each local property monthly and each out of town property quarterly.
- Ensure that after-hours property inspection and lighting inspections performed monthly.
- Operate each asset so as to minimize loss and increase safety within the center.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies as needed.
- Maintain and improve the mechanical and structural condition of the property.
- Maintain the common areas of the property to ensure maximum “curb appeal.”
- Provide prompt construction and repair of facilities after obtaining accurate construction and repair bids for decision-making purposes.
- Coordinate with the Woodmont VP – Construction Management the construction management process for tenant finish-out work, in accordance with the lease agreement.
- Perform timely year-end reconciliation of tenant operating expense billings and initiate the proper credit or debit; follow up to ensure collection of all year-end excess billings.
- Perform mid-year reforecast of tenant operating expense billings and adjust tenant billings as necessary for the balance of the year.
- Purchase quality products at the lowest price.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship between tenants, Woodmont management and tenant’s corporate office.
- Enforce rules and regulations regarding on going programs and lease violations.
- Proactively handle tenant calls, concerns, and complaints.
- Coordinate with the VP of Lease Administration to ensure that proper and current certificates of insurance are maintained by tenants, contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate with the VP of Lease Administration to ensure that tenants are maintaining their HVAC units in accordance with their lease agreement.
- Coordinate with the VP of Lease Administration to ensure that applicable tenants are submitting sales reports timely and that the proper percentage rents are being billed and collected.
- Coordinate with the Leasing Department on new tenant move-ins, lease terminations.
- Communicate with Leasing Department on tenant renewals.
- Assist leasing department with site-visit presentations for all prospective tenants.
- Work closely with all departments to achieve Woodmont’s expectations and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.